

Yesterday, the Blue Proto-Drake dropped off Skadi during Phasers' heroic UP pug. I won it with a roll of 97.
Last night, I decided to cruise around Storm Peaks for a few minutes and do some herbing with Jagwyr, since I hear they increased the drop rate of Frost Lotus. Picked four herbs, no Frost Lotus... suddenly there he is in front of me, the Time-Lost Proto-Drake.
Two uber-rare Proto-Drake mounts in one day. Wowhead has the blue one listed as a 1.2% drop rate. I know I've never seen it before, and I've never heard of any of my friends seeing it drop, either. The Time-Lost Proto-Drake... quite possibly the rarest mob in the game. Odds of catching them both in the same day... ?????? Holy proto-drakes, Batman.
I will say that I've been keeping an eye out for the Time-Lost for over a year. I've never actively camped the thing... that seemed like it would be insanity... not to mention that honestly, it's not that pretty, being kinda poo-colored, and it doesn't even go 310%. Nevertheless, I like rare beasts, so I have been prepared...
I kept a single Snowfall Lager in Jag's bags, and on my action bar in a handy location. When I saw the drake, I sprung into action, just like I'd always imagined... I flew above it, chugged my Snowfall Lager, and dismounted. As I was falling past, I shot it once with Arcane Shot to tag it... or at least I think I did. I also saw Ohai's Spirit Strike (kitty moonfire!) hit the drake, just before my pet despawned due to plummeting through space. So now I'm floating downward with this pissed off dragon chomping at me. But I'm giddy because I have successfully tagged him... as long as I don't die, he's mine. So now I'm just praying that I land somewhere "safe" before the slow fall wears off. I touch down on a ledge of the frozen waterfall at Bor's Breath, and the drake lands with me. Call pet, pop Bestial Wrath, hit Intimidate, Rapid Fire... drake is dead very quickly. Woah. Of course I'm shaking and my heart is pounding about a million miles a minute.
So suddenly I have this unexpected Proto-Drake collection. I got my Violet drake for What Long, Strange Trip It's Been on Jagwyr last month upon completing Lunar Festival. About a week later, I finished my last achievement for Glory of the Hero and picked up the Red drake. And yesterday I added both Blue and Time-Lost (still... again... wtf?!). From zero to four in about three weeks. Guess I'll have to start picking up Mysterious Unhatched Eggs from the Oracles again to try for Green.
Last night, I decided to cruise around Storm Peaks for a few minutes and do some herbing with Jagwyr, since I hear they increased the drop rate of Frost Lotus. Picked four herbs, no Frost Lotus... suddenly there he is in front of me, the Time-Lost Proto-Drake.
Two uber-rare Proto-Drake mounts in one day. Wowhead has the blue one listed as a 1.2% drop rate. I know I've never seen it before, and I've never heard of any of my friends seeing it drop, either. The Time-Lost Proto-Drake... quite possibly the rarest mob in the game. Odds of catching them both in the same day... ?????? Holy proto-drakes, Batman.
I will say that I've been keeping an eye out for the Time-Lost for over a year. I've never actively camped the thing... that seemed like it would be insanity... not to mention that honestly, it's not that pretty, being kinda poo-colored, and it doesn't even go 310%. Nevertheless, I like rare beasts, so I have been prepared...
I kept a single Snowfall Lager in Jag's bags, and on my action bar in a handy location. When I saw the drake, I sprung into action, just like I'd always imagined... I flew above it, chugged my Snowfall Lager, and dismounted. As I was falling past, I shot it once with Arcane Shot to tag it... or at least I think I did. I also saw Ohai's Spirit Strike (kitty moonfire!) hit the drake, just before my pet despawned due to plummeting through space. So now I'm floating downward with this pissed off dragon chomping at me. But I'm giddy because I have successfully tagged him... as long as I don't die, he's mine. So now I'm just praying that I land somewhere "safe" before the slow fall wears off. I touch down on a ledge of the frozen waterfall at Bor's Breath, and the drake lands with me. Call pet, pop Bestial Wrath, hit Intimidate, Rapid Fire... drake is dead very quickly. Woah. Of course I'm shaking and my heart is pounding about a million miles a minute.
So suddenly I have this unexpected Proto-Drake collection. I got my Violet drake for What Long, Strange Trip It's Been on Jagwyr last month upon completing Lunar Festival. About a week later, I finished my last achievement for Glory of the Hero and picked up the Red drake. And yesterday I added both Blue and Time-Lost (still... again... wtf?!). From zero to four in about three weeks. Guess I'll have to start picking up Mysterious Unhatched Eggs from the Oracles again to try for Green.

No comments:
Post a Comment